Picasso, Miró and Dalì founded the modern art movement in Spain, but what did the trio paint before they were famous? “Angry Young Men: The Birth of Modernity”, at Florence’s Palazzo Strozzi, answers the question with an exhibition dedicated to the artists’ early work. From Picasso’s Blue Period to Dalì’s uber-realistic paintings, the exhibit, which runs through July 17, is an in-depth look at budding prodigy.
Above: Miro’s The Bridge, 1917
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 4.16.18 What’s Your Sign? Taurus
- Culture 4.9.18 Getaway Issue: To Do, Antonio Lopez at Danziger Gallery
- Culture 3.28.18 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.28.18 Spring 2018: To Read, An Atlas of Rare & Familiar Colour
- Culture 3.22.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Jazmin Grace Grimaldi & Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles