SHOE CARE GUIDE
- We recommend spraying leather shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Remove salt stains during the winter by dabbing a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water. Wipe clean with a water-soaked rag and air dry away from any heat source.
- Remove scuff marks by dipping a clean cloth into water and then baking soda. Gently rub the spot. Dab clean with a water-soaked rag and buff dry.
- We recommend spraying suede shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Gently buff away stains with an eraser or emery board. Avoid water or stain solutions.
- While stains are hard to get rid of, greatly reduce their appearance by using a soft, clean brush to remove any excess dirt. Use a washcloth and Ivory soap to wash the shoe, then blot dry.
More to explore in Style
- Style Milan Issue: Meet the Designers Behind Blazé Blazers Sat, Apr 18, 2015
- Style Meet the Stylist: Jeanann Williams Sun, Apr 12, 2015
- Style Looking Good: Stylist Vanessa Chow Sat, Apr 11, 2015
- Style Editors’ Style Tip: Coachella 2015 Fri, Apr 10, 2015
- Style Entrepreneur: Greats’ Ryan Babenzien Thu, Apr 9, 2015