SHOE CARE GUIDE
- We recommend spraying leather shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Remove salt stains during the winter by dabbing a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water. Wipe clean with a water-soaked rag and air dry away from any heat source.
- Remove scuff marks by dipping a clean cloth into water and then baking soda. Gently rub the spot. Dab clean with a water-soaked rag and buff dry.
- We recommend spraying suede shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Gently buff away stains with an eraser or emery board. Avoid water or stain solutions.
- While stains are hard to get rid of, greatly reduce their appearance by using a soft, clean brush to remove any excess dirt. Use a washcloth and Ivory soap to wash the shoe, then blot dry.
More to explore in Style
- Style As Seen In Vogue Japan: Tory’s Sierra Caftan Thu, May 26, 2016
- Style Tory On: Summer 2016 Tue, May 24, 2016
- Style Meet the Entrepreneurs: La Ligne’s Valerie Boster, Meredith Melling & Molly Howard Sat, May 14, 2016
- Entertaining Meet the Interior Designer: Mark D. Sikes Fri, May 13, 2016
- Style Editor & Author William Norwich On: My Mrs. Brown Thu, May 12, 2016