SHOE CARE GUIDE
- We recommend spraying leather shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Remove salt stains during the winter by dabbing a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water. Wipe clean with a water-soaked rag and air dry away from any heat source.
- Remove scuff marks by dipping a clean cloth into water and then baking soda. Gently rub the spot. Dab clean with a water-soaked rag and buff dry.
- We recommend spraying suede shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Gently buff away stains with an eraser or emery board. Avoid water or stain solutions.
- While stains are hard to get rid of, greatly reduce their appearance by using a soft, clean brush to remove any excess dirt. Use a washcloth and Ivory soap to wash the shoe, then blot dry.
More to explore in Style
- Style Dear Fashion 2.0: Thank You! Fri, Mar 7, 2014
- Style 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Fiona Kotur Thu, Mar 6, 2014
- Culture Entrepreneur: Out of Order’s Dorian Grinspan Sat, Mar 1, 2014
- Style Best Dressed: 1stdibs’ Mollie Ruprecht Fri, Feb 28, 2014
- Style Reva On: Leopard Prints & Pool Escapes Tue, Feb 25, 2014