SHOE CARE GUIDE
- We recommend spraying leather shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Remove salt stains during the winter by dabbing a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water. Wipe clean with a water-soaked rag and air dry away from any heat source.
- Remove scuff marks by dipping a clean cloth into water and then baking soda. Gently rub the spot. Dab clean with a water-soaked rag and buff dry.
- We recommend spraying suede shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Gently buff away stains with an eraser or emery board. Avoid water or stain solutions.
- While stains are hard to get rid of, greatly reduce their appearance by using a soft, clean brush to remove any excess dirt. Use a washcloth and Ivory soap to wash the shoe, then blot dry.
More to explore in Style
- Style Most Wanted: The New Button-Down Thu, Oct 8, 2015
- Style Video: Tory on Fall 2015’s Arrowhead Trend Thu, Oct 1, 2015
- Style Word of Mouth: Amanda Brooks’ I Love Your Style Sun, Sep 27, 2015
- Style Spring/Summer 2016: Runway Exclusive, Flower Bud Earring Sat, Sep 19, 2015
- Style Spring/Summer 2016: Front Row Fri, Sep 18, 2015