SHOE CARE GUIDE
- We recommend spraying leather shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Remove salt stains during the winter by dabbing a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water. Wipe clean with a water-soaked rag and air dry away from any heat source.
- Remove scuff marks by dipping a clean cloth into water and then baking soda. Gently rub the spot. Dab clean with a water-soaked rag and buff dry.
- We recommend spraying suede shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Gently buff away stains with an eraser or emery board. Avoid water or stain solutions.
- While stains are hard to get rid of, greatly reduce their appearance by using a soft, clean brush to remove any excess dirt. Use a washcloth and Ivory soap to wash the shoe, then blot dry.
More to explore in Style
- Style China Issue: Tory’s Shanghai Party, The People Wed, Oct 19, 2016
- Style China Issue: Tory’s Shanghai Party, The Scene Wed, Oct 19, 2016
- Style Meet the Blogger: Karen Wazen Sun, Oct 16, 2016
- Style Editors’ Style Tips: Boots, Three Ways Thu, Oct 13, 2016
- Style Video: Tory on the Convertible Boot Wed, Oct 12, 2016