SHOE CARE GUIDE
- We recommend spraying leather shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Remove salt stains during the winter by dabbing a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water. Wipe clean with a water-soaked rag and air dry away from any heat source.
- Remove scuff marks by dipping a clean cloth into water and then baking soda. Gently rub the spot. Dab clean with a water-soaked rag and buff dry.
- We recommend spraying suede shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Gently buff away stains with an eraser or emery board. Avoid water or stain solutions.
- While stains are hard to get rid of, greatly reduce their appearance by using a soft, clean brush to remove any excess dirt. Use a washcloth and Ivory soap to wash the shoe, then blot dry.
More to explore in Style
- Style Holiday Issue: Stylist Pernille Teisbæk’s Copenhagen Christmas Thu, Dec 18, 2014
- Style Holiday Issue: Stylist Kate Young on Cocktail-Party Dressing Wed, Dec 17, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Jewelry Designer Sevan Biçakçi Mon, Dec 15, 2014
- Style Holiday Issue: Fashion Designer Misha Nonoo on Holiday Traditions & Getaways Fri, Dec 12, 2014
- Style Holiday Issue: Editors’ Wish List: Top 10 Gifts Thu, Dec 11, 2014