SHOE CARE GUIDE
- We recommend spraying leather shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Remove salt stains during the winter by dabbing a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water. Wipe clean with a water-soaked rag and air dry away from any heat source.
- Remove scuff marks by dipping a clean cloth into water and then baking soda. Gently rub the spot. Dab clean with a water-soaked rag and buff dry.
- We recommend spraying suede shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Gently buff away stains with an eraser or emery board. Avoid water or stain solutions.
- While stains are hard to get rid of, greatly reduce their appearance by using a soft, clean brush to remove any excess dirt. Use a washcloth and Ivory soap to wash the shoe, then blot dry.
More to explore in Style
- Style Spotlight On: Paris Couture, Spring 2015 Fri, Jan 30, 2015
- Style Word of Mouth: Tory Burch Valentine’s Day E-Cards Thu, Jan 29, 2015
- Style Designer Lisa Jackson On: Arriving on Madison Avenue Sun, Jan 25, 2015
- Style To Do: Rineke Dijkstra at Galerie Marian Goodman Sat, Jan 24, 2015
- Style Entrepreneur: Neely by VNB’s Victoria Neely Burch Fri, Jan 23, 2015