SHOE CARE GUIDE
- We recommend spraying leather shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Remove salt stains during the winter by dabbing a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water. Wipe clean with a water-soaked rag and air dry away from any heat source.
- Remove scuff marks by dipping a clean cloth into water and then baking soda. Gently rub the spot. Dab clean with a water-soaked rag and buff dry.
- We recommend spraying suede shoes and boots with a treatment like Meltonian before wearing.
- Gently buff away stains with an eraser or emery board. Avoid water or stain solutions.
- While stains are hard to get rid of, greatly reduce their appearance by using a soft, clean brush to remove any excess dirt. Use a washcloth and Ivory soap to wash the shoe, then blot dry.
More to explore in Style
- Style L’Américaine: Meet the Actress, Margaret Qualley Thu, Sep 3, 2015
- Style L’Américaine: Behind the Scenes with Director Dianna Agron Thu, Sep 3, 2015
- Style L’Américaine: The Paris Collection Film Thu, Sep 3, 2015
- Style Most Wanted: Jewelry Meets Timepiece Mon, Aug 31, 2015
- Style Video: The New Watch Collection Sun, Aug 30, 2015