Illustrator, author and publisher Leanne Shapton stumbled upon a tree catalogue published by the Canadian Forestry Branch in 1917. Seeing the beauty in these straightforward landscape pictures, she translated them into her own The Native Trees of Canada. Here, a few paintings from the book.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Book of the Week: Linda Rottenberg’s Crazy is a Compliment Sun, Sep 21, 2014
- Culture Book of the Week: Keith Richards’ Gus & Me Wed, Sep 17, 2014
- Culture To Do: Peter Lindbergh at Gagosian Gallery Sun, Sep 14, 2014
- Culture Book of the Week: Claiborne Swanson Frank’s Young Hollywood Mon, Sep 1, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Nancy Meyers’ The Intern Sun, Aug 24, 2014