Illustrator, author and publisher Leanne Shapton stumbled upon a tree catalogue published by the Canadian Forestry Branch in 1917. Seeing the beauty in these straightforward landscape pictures, she translated them into her own The Native Trees of Canada. Here, a few paintings from the book.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: Richard Diebenkorn Thu, May 21, 2015
- Culture To See: Niki de Saint Phalle at Guggenheim Bilbao Mon, May 18, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Cannes 2015 Sat, May 16, 2015
- Culture Insider’s Guide: Bettina Prentice’s Frieze NY Thu, May 14, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Teresita Fernández’s Madison Square Park Takeover Mon, May 11, 2015