Illustrator, author and publisher Leanne Shapton stumbled upon a tree catalogue published by the Canadian Forestry Branch in 1917. Seeing the beauty in these straightforward landscape pictures, she translated them into her own The Native Trees of Canada. Here, a few paintings from the book.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: Nancy Meyers’ The Intern Sun, Aug 24, 2014
- Culture Mentorship: Every Mother Counts’ Clancy McCarty Wed, Aug 20, 2014
- Culture Mentorship: Gagosian Gallery’s Christine Erpf Wed, Aug 20, 2014
- Culture Tory On: Mentorship Tue, Aug 19, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Virgo Sat, Aug 16, 2014