Illustrator, author and publisher Leanne Shapton stumbled upon a tree catalogue published by the Canadian Forestry Branch in 1917. Seeing the beauty in these straightforward landscape pictures, she translated them into her own The Native Trees of Canada. Here, a few paintings from the book.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.26.17 To Do: Raymond Pettibon at the New Museum
- Culture 3.11.17 Embrace Ambition: Entrepreneur Spotlight on Juliette Longuet
- Culture 3.11.17 Embrace Ambition: The Tomorrows’ Ally Lewis & Louise Denny
- Culture 3.8.17 Embrace Ambition: Advice from Tastemakers
- Culture 3.7.17 Embrace Ambition: The Video