From Katie Couric and Laurie David, the producer behind An Inconvenient Truth, comes a new documentary that aims to pull the rug out from under a behemoth industry: Fed Up, which points its cross hairs at food corporations nationwide. The great offender here? None other than sugar. And the figures uncovered in the film, directed by Stephanie Soechtig, are startling. Did you know, for instance, that 80 percent of processed foods in your local grocery store contain sugar? Or that much of our “low fat” foods actually up the sugar content to restore flavor? Fed Up is a must-watch for anyone, but especially moms, who can teach and inform the next generations to take back their health.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: Richard Diebenkorn Thu, May 21, 2015
- Culture To See: Niki de Saint Phalle at Guggenheim Bilbao Mon, May 18, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Cannes 2015 Sat, May 16, 2015
- Culture Insider’s Guide: Bettina Prentice’s Frieze NY Thu, May 14, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Teresita Fernández’s Madison Square Park Takeover Mon, May 11, 2015