From Katie Couric and Laurie David, the producer behind An Inconvenient Truth, comes a new documentary that aims to pull the rug out from under a behemoth industry: Fed Up, which points its cross hairs at food corporations nationwide. The great offender here? None other than sugar. And the figures uncovered in the film, directed by Stephanie Soechtig, are startling. Did you know, for instance, that 80 percent of processed foods in your local grocery store contain sugar? Or that much of our “low fat” foods actually up the sugar content to restore flavor? Fed Up is a must-watch for anyone, but especially moms, who can teach and inform the next generations to take back their health.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Book of the Week: Keith Richards’ Gus & Me Wed, Sep 17, 2014
- Culture To Do: Peter Lindbergh at Gagosian Gallery Sun, Sep 14, 2014
- Culture Book of the Week: Claiborne Swanson Frank’s Young Hollywood Mon, Sep 1, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Nancy Meyers’ The Intern Sun, Aug 24, 2014
- Culture Mentorship: Every Mother Counts’ Clancy McCarty Wed, Aug 20, 2014