From Katie Couric and Laurie David, the producer behind An Inconvenient Truth, comes a new documentary that aims to pull the rug out from under a behemoth industry: Fed Up, which points its cross hairs at food corporations nationwide. The great offender here? None other than sugar. And the figures uncovered in the film, directed by Stephanie Soechtig, are startling. Did you know, for instance, that 80 percent of processed foods in your local grocery store contain sugar? Or that much of our “low fat” foods actually up the sugar content to restore flavor? Fed Up is a must-watch for anyone, but especially moms, who can teach and inform the next generations to take back their health.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: What I Love About Movies Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Culture To Do: Larry David’s Fish In the Dark Fri, Feb 6, 2015
- Culture To Do: Vik Muniz at Ben Brown Fine Arts in Hong Kong Mon, Feb 2, 2015
- Culture To Read: Nick Hornby’s Funny Girl Sat, Jan 31, 2015