From Katie Couric and Laurie David, the producer behind An Inconvenient Truth, comes a new documentary that aims to pull the rug out from under a behemoth industry: Fed Up, which points its cross hairs at food corporations nationwide. The great offender here? None other than sugar. And the figures uncovered in the film, directed by Stephanie Soechtig, are startling. Did you know, for instance, that 80 percent of processed foods in your local grocery store contain sugar? Or that much of our “low fat” foods actually up the sugar content to restore flavor? Fed Up is a must-watch for anyone, but especially moms, who can teach and inform the next generations to take back their health.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Paddle8’s Alexander Gilkes On: The Art of Art Collecting Tue, Sep 30, 2014
- Culture Elle UK Editor Sophie Beresiner On: Having Breast Cancer Mon, Sep 29, 2014
- Culture To Do: Cy Twombly at Morgan Library Fri, Sep 26, 2014
- Culture To Read: Linda Rottenberg’s Crazy is a Compliment Sun, Sep 21, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Libra Sat, Sep 20, 2014