A Mood Indigo Jazz Playlist
Dizzy Gillespie once said, “I don’t care much about music. What I like is sounds.” Smooth sounds, soothing sounds, upbeat and unfamiliar sounds… these are the building blocks of jazz. The genre can feel more like storytelling, leading a listener to the climax only to lower them back down, sometimes gently and sometimes with a sharp cliffhanger. With its emphasis on unexpected turns and room for innovation, jazz seems to fit the current mood especially well. Here we’ve compiled a playlist of jazz classics—by everyone from Miles Davis to Nina Simone—for some easy like Sunday morning (or whatever morning it is) listening.
More to explore in Music
- Music 5.5.23 Mother’s Day Mixtape 2023
- Music 2.13.23 Fall/Winter 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 9.13.22 Spring/Summer 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 8.19.22 Tory Daily 10: Music to Our Ears
- Music 8.18.22 Making Music with Madison Love