Fall/Winter 2023: The Soundtrack
Composer, DJ and producer Wladimir Schall created a soundtrack as unexpected as the clothes that walked our Fall/Winter 2023 runway. Music zigzagged across continents and decades, and was, like the collection, a true medium for self-expression.
The show opened to the high-energy song Smalltown Boy by Scottish ‘80s synth-pop trio Bronski Beat and transitioned Jimmy Somerville’s falsetto voice to the stately drama of Maria Callas singing the soprano prayer Casta Diva from Bellini’s opera Norma. Things picked up with an electric green column dress and the Eurythmics’ masterpiece Sweet Dreams, a song of contrasts that suited the undone elegance of the looks. For the finale to close out the catwalk: “You’re So Vain” by Carly Simon, a defiantly ironic pop anthem and karaoke favorite.
More to explore in Music
- Music 5.5.23 Mother’s Day Mixtape 2023
- Music 2.13.23 Fall/Winter 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 9.13.22 Spring/Summer 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 8.19.22 Tory Daily 10: Music to Our Ears
- Music 8.18.22 Making Music with Madison Love