Tory On: The 4th of July
Happy 4th! I love this time of year. I always invite friends and family over for informal barbecues, tennis and swimming. It reminds me of the incredible parties my parents, Buddy and Reva, hosted every summer when I was growing up. My father loved to barbecue — hamburgers, steak, chicken and fresh vegetables (from my mother’s garden). They lit tiki torches that surrounded the pool and screened-in porch. We would play and swim well past midnight. Long summer nights surrounded by family… It’s a tradition my brothers and I keep going, even as our children head off to college and beyond.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations