Great style, art, culture and food collide in Italy’s fashion capital. Tory is in town for three days
to celebrate the opening of our first Milan flagship, on Via Della Spiga 7. Yesterday before a
cocktail party at the store, she spent some time exploring with family, friends and colleagues.
- 9:30 AM
- My brother Robert, sister-in-law Patty and I head to Pinacoteca di Brera — I can’t miss a chance to see up-close the famous Titians, Caravaggios and Raphaels I studied in college. The architecture alone is worth the visit.
- 11:00 AM
- And now for classics of another kind at Cavalli e Nastri, the best vintage boutique. And just down the street is the Garden of Wonders, Be Open’s incredible perfume-themed pavilions that are part of Salone del Mobile, Milan’s world-famous design fair.
- I am superstitious, so we twirl our heels on the famed mosaic bull inside the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II on our way to the Duomo. I visit it every time I am in Milan; it never fails to inspire.
- 1:00 PM
- A lunch of classic burrata, grilled shrimp and plate after plate of fresh pasta at Il Salumaio di Montenapoleone. Afterwards, a walk to Studio Drift’s light exhibition, also part of Salone del Mobile, created completely with mouth-blown bell jars.
- 3:30 PM
- 10 Corso Como, the fashion depot for cutting-edge style, is always on my list of must-see. Owner Carla Sozzani always finds the most incredible artists and designers. Her sister, Franca, who is the editor-in-chief of Vogue Italia, is hosting a dinner for us tomorrow night.
- 6:00 PM
- Back at the hotel, I look through La Repubblica and Il Giornale. I also prep for a panel I am on with the inimitable Vogue International Editor Suzy Menkes in Florence in a few days.
- 7:00 PM
- Before dinner, I have cocktails with the Milan boutique team — they have done an incredible job! So proud of their hard work.
- 10:30 PM
- In for the night — we have an early start tomorrow. Before bed, I FaceTime with the boys first. I wish they could have come on this trip!