If you’re a Millennial with an Instagram account, you probably know @violetclair. Even if you fall into a different demographic, it wouldn’t be surprising if the name sounded familiar. Taking the mantle from the iconic Cathy comic strip (1976-2010), @violetclair (or Samantha Rothenberg, as her friends and family know her) chronicles the experience of the single, style-conscious woman to absolutely hilarious effect. Knowing what a fan of color the Brooklyn-based artist is, we sent her our Butterfly Handknit Turtleneck sweater, and she whipped up a thank you note like nothing we’ve ever seen before. Happy New Year from @violetclair and all of us at Tory Daily.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’