Fall 2014: Trend Report
Everything you need to know about the season’s big trends
- Gimme Shelter
Silhouettes, quilting and embellishments riff on armor Tory collects — her parents and grandparents were collectors, too.
- Get a Loom
Go for brocade… and jacquard and all types of tapestry details seen on oversized sweaters, printed dresses and boxy bags.
- The Bridle Path
From equestrian prints (including one inspired by a print Tory had as a child) to chic distressed leather, the horse motif reigns.
- Texture Message
Come a little closer. Surface matters like quilting, pleating and a range of chunky knits come into focus.
- Farewell to Arms
Florals and ruffles add a feminine counterpoint to Fall’s armor theme.
- Details, Details
Fall had a lot of them. Here they are: jeweled crosses, earring cuffs, metallic foiling, tooled leather, gold chains….
- The Shape of Things to Come
It’s a balancing act — chunky sweaters and roomy coats over short skirts or cropped, wide-legged trousers. All of it layered.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’