Fall/Winter 2023: Bag Report
Handbags echoed some of the collection’s major themes, the overall sense of undone elegance and a nod to the traditional elements of lingerie brought to the surface.
The ladylike top-handle bag is the shape of the season, seen on the runway in an array of neutrals, bright colors, stamped croc and spotted haircalf. The bags’ prim and precise lines drew attention to distinctive details: semi-precious cabochon buttons and an utterly irreverent take on the Double T – broken and hinged or obscured and slipping down.
The Marshmallow, a favorite handbag from the Fall/Winter 2022 runway, resurfaced this season. The ’90s-inspired double-zip doctor bag was reimagined in quilted satin, a nod to the old-school lingerie details in the ready-to-wear.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’