Spring/Summer 2023: The Soundtrack
Composer, DJ and producer Wladimir Schall created a soundtrack as experimental and cool as the clothes that walked our Spring/Summer 2023 runway. The first looks walked out to the hypnotic sounds of Suite Bergamesque — Isao Tomita’s synthy rendition of Claire de Lune — before gently transitioning into Led Zeppelin’s Whole Lotta Love. Things picked up with The Slits’ upbeat rendition of I Heard It Through the Grapevine, then settled into British reggae group UB40’s Don’t Break My Heart. And to close out the catwalk: Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins, an emotional ’90s rock classic that was the perfect sign-off.
More to explore in Music
- Music 5.5.23 Mother’s Day Mixtape 2023
- Music 2.13.23 Fall/Winter 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 9.13.22 Spring/Summer 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 8.19.22 Tory Daily 10: Music to Our Ears
- Music 8.18.22 Making Music with Madison Love