When designing the current collection, Tory found inspiration in the natural world and the American folk tradition — which might explain all the intricate quilting, gauzy eyelets and craftsy embroideries. The celebration of rustic artistry and nature’s wild beauty continues in art director Thando Manoogian’s spellbinding tribute, a collage of pressed flowers, vintage bird illustrations, and evocative Super 8 film footage. Her pastiche harkens back to an America where mastery of craft ran in abundance. For those of us whose homespun skills are still works in progress, fret not: Slipping on the Embroidered Organza Dress is easy as pie.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’