Spring 2018: David Hicks’s Scrapbook
By now you no doubt know that legendary interior designer David Hicks is the inspiration behind Tory’s Spring 2018 collection. You can see his influence in everything from the bold and bright palette to the geometric and framing motifs. But perhaps the most direct ode of all is our scrapbook print, a collage of sketches lifted from Hicks’s own personal scrapbook spliced with patterns from our archive. “I love it because it shows how we mixed our aesthetic with his,” says Tory. “It was a really creative way of looking at prints.” Above, a glimpse at one of his original scrapbooks.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’