Picasso, Miró and Dalì founded the modern art movement in Spain, but what did the trio paint before they were famous? “Angry Young Men: The Birth of Modernity”, at Florence’s Palazzo Strozzi, answers the question with an exhibition dedicated to the artists’ early work. From Picasso’s Blue Period to Dalì’s uber-realistic paintings, the exhibit, which runs through July 17, is an in-depth look at budding prodigy.
Above: Miro’s The Bridge, 1917
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations