For her Spring/Summer 2017 show, Tory transformed the lobby of the new Whitney Museum of American Art, which offered a backdrop like no other — encased in glass, the morning sunlight streamed in beautifully behind the models. And when we say “transformed,” we mean it. Goodbye, ticket counter and corner bookstore. Hello, front row and abstract floor paintings by Brooklyn-based artist Sarah Oliphant. Here, a time-lapse video of the entire process.
Explore more features from Fashion Week Issues, past and present
More to explore in Style
- Style 3.6.23 Introducing The Ella Bio
- Style 3.1.23 Tory Daily 10: Solar-Powered Style
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Accessories Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Bag Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Shoe Report