Jane Scott Hodges of Leontine Linens
shares 10 simple things to do to spruce up your home for the new year. Our favorite? #10.
- Edit your linen closet – replace any items that are worn and tired-looking (especially towels!).
- Clear your surfaces. Minimize accessories. Store treasures in an armoire and change quarterly.
- Use candlelight or the fireplace to create warmth and ambiance.
- Bring out your fine linens, even for a simple family dinner.
- Pick up new throw pillows to give a fresh feel to your family room.
- Outfit your guest room with stationery, your favorite books, and fine toiletries to pamper your overnight guests.
- Transform your playroom into a “study room” for your growing children.
- Invest in high-quality down comforters and pillows to create a perfect night’s sleep.
- Return to hand written notes, for any reason – thank you, birthday or thinking of you.
- Resurrect the candy dish!