“Fall/Winter 2016 combines the nonchalance of street style — inspired by the café scene in Éric Rohmer’s 1972 film L’amour l’après-midi — with my childhood love of horseback riding. It’s a refined take on sportswear classics, with equestrian details: coats done in bold jockey-silk patterns, skinny jodhpurs, trapunto-stitch bombers… There are sporty elements throughout, including pieces from Tory Sport. Accessories reflect the mood, from a convertible harness bag to boots with removable spats and our update on the Reva flat.” — Tory Burch
See the complete runway collection.
Check out more features from Fashion Week Issues, past and present.
More to explore in Style
- Style 3.6.23 Introducing The Ella Bio
- Style 3.1.23 Tory Daily 10: Solar-Powered Style
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Accessories Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Bag Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Shoe Report