Day in the Life: Shopbop’s Elle Strauss
The Shopbop Fashion Director, here wearing Tory’s Kasia top and York tote, details the goings-on of her workday.
- 6:30 AM
- Hit snooze
- 7:00 AM
- Mild panic; feed, wash and dress Honor, my daughter, before applying a lot of dry shampoo to my own head and pulling together a quick look that usually consists of an Edith A. Miller striped top, Mother skinny jeans and Alexander Wang pointy toe pumps.
- 8:15 AM
- Drop Honor off at daycare and ride the F train to Times Square. I try to stop at Organic Avenue to pick up the Sweet Greens juice before heading into the office.
- 10.00 AM
- Meeting with the fashion styling team to discuss upcoming shoots for the week, including mood boards and run-throughs.
- 11.30 AM
- Fashion office meeting with the marketing team to plan the homepage calendar.
- 12.30 PM
- Vendor market appointment — I accompany Jane, our contemporary buyer, to market to view Rag & Bone’s latest collection.
- 2:00 PM
- Lunch! I’m in a constant wrap rut. I try to avoid bread, but salads are so boring, so a wrap seems like a good compromise.
- 3:30 PM
- I’m in the fashion closet styling up the shoots I have scheduled for the week. It’s my favorite part of the day — being surrounded by so many clothes and shoes and accessories. And the best part is that they’re all for sale on Shopbop!
- 4:00 PM
- Coffee with Jay Ahr designer Jonathan Riss whilst he’s in town from Paris.
- 5:15 PM
- On the dot, I literally run out of the office to collect Honor from daycare on time.
- 6:15 PM
- Honor and I hit Carroll Gardens Park and then pop into the baker’s for a cookie treat.
- 8:00 PM
- After feeding and bathing my daughter, I’ll throw a red lip on and probably a higher heel and head out with my husband to Extra Virgin, our good friend’s restaurant in the West Village — always a delicious meal.
- 12:00 PM
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’