This morning, First Lady Michelle Obama cut the ribbon on the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s new Anna Wintour Costume Center, home to one of the largest costume collections in the world. “I’m so impressed by Anna’s contributions not just to fashion but to this great museum,” Mrs. Obama told a crowd that included Tory, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein and Raf Simons. “This center is for anyone who cares about fashion and how it impacts our culture and our history.”
The unveiling also marks the end of a two-year, $40 million renovation to the museum’s fashion wing — its first major modernization since 1992. See the upgrades when the new center’s inaugural show, dedicated to couturier Charles James, opens May 8.
More to explore in Style
- Style 3.6.23 Introducing The Ella Bio
- Style 3.1.23 Tory Daily 10: Solar-Powered Style
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Accessories Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Bag Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Shoe Report