Book of the Week: 75 Parisiennes
If you ever doubted that the French owned je-ne-sais-quoi chic, then check out the new book 75 Parisiennes by lensman Baudouin (yes, one word, like Madonna). A freelancer for Elle, Grazia and Le Monde, the Frenchman shot a crew of Parisians in their own environs over a six-year span. And these aren’t your usual oft-photographed It girls; every turn of the page brings a new discovery — not to mention an impressive peek into the City of Light’s kaleidoscopic culture and style. In a world of ubiquitous street-style photography, where every pose melts into the next, Baudouin’s artfully arranged compositions are a breath of fresh air — witty, visually stunning and each one utterly unique.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations