Still looking good at 50, Woodstock
If only there had been Spotify or iTunes to stream via Bluetooth while Woodstock-bound traffic was at a standstill in Bethel, New York, 50 years ago this August. Music festivals have come a long ways since then — Fyre Festival aside — and as the original Woodstock hits the half-century mark, there is still hope that something comes together for another during mid-August in Watkin’s Glen, New York.
The acts have changed (Jay Z, Miley Cyrus and Pussy Riot are now on the bill) but the premise is the same: 3 days of peace, love and music. Music supervisor Randall Poster has put together a playlist of bands that played the original concert, bands that should have played, and bands that we imagine playing, both old and new.
More to explore in Music
- Music 2.13.23 Fall/Winter 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 9.13.22 Spring/Summer 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 8.19.22 Tory Daily 10: Music to Our Ears
- Music 8.18.22 Making Music with Madison Love
- Music 4.25.22 Mother’s Day Mixtape