Tory On: Tomboy Chic
How do you define tomboy?
A little bit her, a little bit him. It’s an effortless look that pulls from the best of both worlds — taking something traditionally boyish and making it feminine.
How do you wear it?
Right now, I love the mix of pastels with a boyish silhouette; it feels just right for summer. Here, I’m wearing our Noa Ankle Chino with a tuxedo stripe detail and our Brigitte Blouse in a fun lobster print. I love a good novelty print — it always makes for a great conversation starter.
What are some tomboy staples this summer?
Striped t-shirts, lightweight button-downs, shorts, denim and accessories — loafers, pebbled drivers, structured weekenders…
Which boy inspired you most?
My father, my brothers and now my three sons. Growing up, I used to steal my father and brother’s shirts all the time.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’