With Wimbledon upon us we look back at two of the game’s greatest players — and at one of its most spectacular rivalries. USA’s John McEnroe and Sweden’s Björn Borg were at odds for years, having gone head-to-head 22 nail-biting times. They even earned their own nicknames — Fire and Ice, with temperamental McEnroe as the former and cool Swede Borg the latter. With the pair on the court, it never failed to be an exciting, on-the-edge-of-your-seat game. But don’t just take our word for it: their contentious relationship got the splashy cable treatment with the 2011 HBO doc, McEnroe/Borg: Fire & Ice.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations