- Laura Marling, photographed by Gary Wolstenholme/Redferns
- Tove Loy, photographed by Jennifer Lourie
- Will Butler, photographed by Ebet Roberts/Redferns via Getty Images
- Migos’ Kiari Cephus, Kirshnik Ball and Quavious Marshall, photographed by Johnny Nunez
- Bleachers’ Jack Antonoff, photographed by Christopher Polk/Getty Images for Clear Channel
Music Supervisor Randall Poster (and Tory Daily music consultant) shares his top picks for SXSW this year. And if you’re in Austin for the festival, don’t forget Poster’s own event on Tuesday, March 17, here; he’ll be giving a masterclass on music, movies and the relationship between the two.
One of the few artists I think of as a true friend. Ms. Marling comes to Austin in front of a new record we have been eagerly awaiting.
This Scandinavian phenom comes to Austin behind my favorite record of the year-end 2014/year-start 2015.
Excited to hear the Arcade Fire man do his solo thing. His music in Spike Jones’ Her, made with the brilliant Owen Pallett, is a breathtaker.
If you see me at the Migos show, say hello. I will be the old guy in front.
Jack Antonoff and crew promise to raise the roof. Forget fun. for the moment. Ignore Desi and Marnie for the time being and get ready for this thing.
More to explore in Music
- Music 2.13.23 Fall/Winter 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 9.13.22 Spring/Summer 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 8.19.22 Tory Daily 10: Music to Our Ears
- Music 8.18.22 Making Music with Madison Love
- Music 4.25.22 Mother’s Day Mixtape