Biçakçi’s signature technique is reverse-intaglio, which allows him to craft those scenic views in the belly of a gemstone. But he’s also a master at miniscule mosaic work and striking creations like bejeweled padlock pendants and an octopus-shaped ring, with a giant South Sea baroque pearl “head” and tentacles that climb over and up the hand. The 192-page Sevan Biçakçi, from Assouline, outlines his story as well as his Ottoman heritage and inspirations in great detail, but, really, it’s the images — and his designs — that speak volumes here.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations