The surf band singer talks Fleetwood Mac, stage style and all things L.A. (aka: her best coast).
Album or song that changed your life… The Beach Boys’ Pet Sounds and Fleetwood Mac’s Storms
First concert… 311 at the Hollywood Palladium
Song you never get tired of… You Make Loving Fun by Fleetwood Mac
Guilty pleasure… Enya
On your playlist now… Beach House, Fleetwood Mac and Flying Lotus
Favorite other L.A. band… Abe Vigoda
Your stage style is… Stevie Nicks at a 90s sleepover.
Best advice you’ve ever received… Pace yourself.
Favorite place to play live in L.A is… The Music Box.
Best L.A. restaurant… Real Food Daily — I get the vegan caesar salad and Pizza Ya Can Eat-za.
Go-to L.A. bar… The Black Boar
…And you order… Maker’s Mark with soda water and lemon.
If you didn’t live in L.A., you’d live… In Texas or New Mexico.
More to explore in Music
- Music 2.13.23 Fall/Winter 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 9.13.22 Spring/Summer 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 8.19.22 Tory Daily 10: Music to Our Ears
- Music 8.18.22 Making Music with Madison Love
- Music 4.25.22 Mother’s Day Mixtape