Fall 2016: Inspiration
There’s a scene in Éric Rohmer’s 1972 film L’Amour l’après-midi in which Bernard Verley’s character sits at a Paris cafe people-watching, then succumbs to a day dream. Suddenly, he’s out in the street, having fantasy encounters with each female passerby as she comes and goes — and they’re a medley of personalities and styles: coy, bohemian, glamorous… It’s this early take on street-style that — coupled with Tory’s childhood love of horseback riding — inspired Fall 2016.
But there’s one girl from the film in particular who further anchors this story and the season: the PYT played by Zouzou, who perfectly embodies this cocktail of Seventies cool and Parisian confidence and nonchalance. She’s equal parts rebellion and sophistication, tomboy and feminine — which describes the attitude to this new collection to a, well, T.
More to explore in Style
- Style 3.6.23 Introducing The Ella Bio
- Style 3.1.23 Tory Daily 10: Solar-Powered Style
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Accessories Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Bag Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Shoe Report