To Do: Debbie Harry at Café Carlyle
New York’s Café Carlyle is a legendary cabaret haunt, tucked into the tony Carlyle Hotel on East 76th Street. It’s a throwback to an era when jazz and torch songs ruled and dames like Édith and Eartha reigned supreme. This week, though, that bastion of uptown entertainment is getting a serious shot of downtown fun: Blondie’s Debbie Harry is taking over for a two-week performance starting tonight. Yes, the punk pioneer is taking over the supper club, where you can nibble on cured foie gras torchon and have your pick of Osetra caviar, classic or golden. But don’t expect a revival of Harry’s sweaty CBGB and Max’s Kansas City days; she’ll be performing songs from her solo albums, in addition to a cover or two. Expect an intimate showing, with a more mellow, romantic vibe.
More to explore in Music
- Music 2.13.23 Fall/Winter 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 9.13.22 Spring/Summer 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 8.19.22 Tory Daily 10: Music to Our Ears
- Music 8.18.22 Making Music with Madison Love
- Music 4.25.22 Mother’s Day Mixtape