Day in the Life: Tory on Show Day
- 5:30 AM
- Wake up (OK, I couldn’t really sleep last night…too excited!)
- 7:05 AM
- Made it to Lincoln Center after marathon morning of breakfast with the boys and hair and makeup.
- 8:30 AM
- One last soundcheck and rehearsal.
- 8:35 AM
- Love the soundtrack, loved working with Steve Mackey and John Gosling on it — Françoise Hardy, Serge Gainsbourg, Julia Holter, Nicolas Jaar….
- 9:25 AM
- It starts! Especially love the Queen Anne’s lace print.
- 9:45 AM
- Backstage photo with my boys and my family — my favorite FW ritual
- 12:00 PM
- With the team at Indochine. On the menu: spring rolls, steamed sea bass and sticky rice
- 4:30 PM
- Can’t get Julia Holter’s In the Green Wild out of my head — great lyrics.
- 6:20 PM
- The reviews are starting to come in. More nerves.
- 8:00 PM
- Dinner with friends who flew in for the show. So grateful for everyone’s support.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’