There’s something unexpected and dramatic about a big bouquet of bright indigo blooms, especially when they skew toward the violet side of the spectrum. The color carries all the regal qualities associated with imperial blues and purples — and it’s coolly romantic, too. Plus, the hue is right in step with the tie-dye trend of the season; the word indigo takes after the Greek word indikon, a blue dye from India.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 11.23.21 One Big Il Buco Family
- Entertaining 9.12.21 Introducing Tory Burch & Co
- Entertaining 9.7.21 Word of Mouth: Gage & Tollner
- Entertaining 7.14.21 Meet the Designer Behind Brooklyn’s Coolest Floral Studio
- Entertaining 6.29.21 Expert Guide: Four Reasons to Make Time to Dine Together