Here’s to redefining chick flick. This year at Sundance, for the first time, there are an equal number of women and men directors in the Dramatic Competition. The ladies are having a say in comedy, too. Amid the falling snow and Robert Redford sightings, people are lining up to see films like Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes, Austenland, Concussion, Touchy Feely and In a World. One first-time director in the Dramatic Competition is Lake Bell, a Sundance regular for her acting turns, whose In a World is about a voice coach with dreams of being a voice-over artist. Think Glee meets The Artist.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations