“Easy sophistication” is how hairstylist Guido Paulo described the inspiration behind the glistening wet-look styles he and his team created for Spring/Summer 2022. Falling in line with Claire McCardell’s guiding principles of comfort, ease and practicality, the team deftly created a straight-from-the-shower look, where models’ hair was slicked back at the sides and then left hanging loose, using Bumble & Bumble’s Multitalented Sculpting Medium Gel. The overall effect was modern, elegant and a subtle counterpoint to the vivacious color and print combinations peppered throughout the collection.
Similarly, makeup artist Diane Kendal revealed backstage that her homage to McCardell was simply to “create beautiful skin.” Along with her team of artists, she created a perfect base using Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. After curling lashes and brushing eyebrows, her team added slicks of Nars Air Matte Lip Color in Pin Up — a deliciously muted, rusty stain — to elevate and complete the look. As Kendal puts it, “It’s all very easy and polished, to reflect the clothes.”
More to explore in Experts
- Experts 3.29.19 Equal Pay Day
- Experts 12.24.18 5 Ways to Dial Down Holiday Stress
- Experts 11.12.18 Astrologer Susan Miller On: Gifts for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Experts 11.12.18 Astrologer Susan Miller On: Gifts for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Experts 11.12.18 Astrologer Susan Miller On: Gifts for Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio