Some dress codes are obvious — black tie, cocktail, business casual… Other times, you need to get creative. For inspiration, we’re looking to the table. A beachy blue and white setting warrants swimwear and sunglasses. Floral-printed glasses and linens call for an equally fun blouse. And raffia placemats and leaf-embossed plates are the perfect match for an airy sundress and flowering footwear. Below, three style scenarios to prepare for this summer.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 7.14.21 Meet the Designer Behind Brooklyn’s Coolest Floral Studio
- Entertaining 6.29.21 Expert Guide: Four Reasons to Make Time to Dine Together
- Entertaining 6.23.21 Entertaining 101: Summer Style
- Entertaining 5.11.21 Welcome Back Bemelmans Bar
- Entertaining 5.7.21 A Tiny Mother’s Day Table