Lesson learned: Hold on to exhibition posters — you never know what they’ll be worth 50 years down the line. Proof of this is a Warhol-Basquiat boxing poster from 1985 on sale for more than $5k. Or a 1953 Henri Matisse poster currently available for an undisclosed amount. We all know what that really means. Prices aside, vintage art gallery posters — such as the above — are a fun and unique way to collect fine art. Scatter the prints among family photos and artwork or let them stand on their own. No matter which way you frame it, a vintage poster is a perfect way to incorporate a piece of history into your home.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations