Matisse, Picasso and Modigliani moved to a new building in downtown Philadelphia this weekend. The legendary Barnes Foundation opened in its new location, allowing art lovers to view the over 2,000 paintings and objects that were meticulously collected by Dr. Albert C. Barnes — an early 20th Century scientist and entrepreneur with an eye for great art and a desire for everyone to enjoy it. In The Barnes Foundation: Masterworks, chief curator Judith F. Dolkart celebrates and delves into Barnes’ original vision and the collections’ vast works.
Amedeo Modigliani, Redheaded Girl in Evening Dress (Jeune fille rousse en robe de soir), 1918.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations