Her friendship with Tory goes back many years, and to quote her, “Tory is such a great friend — someone I can talk to for hours about business, philanthropy, politics, motherhood… and even a soup tureen.” That last conversation piece, re: tabletop décor, ties in nicely with launch of a new collaboration between Tory Burch Home and Moda. Below, she shares some bon mots on motherly advice and what she likes to do on Mother’s Day.
Best advice I received from my mother…
With those cheekbones, you can do anything.
Favorite way to spend Mother’s Day…
Sleep until noon. Bacon egg and cheese in bed. Netflix until dinner.
Since becoming a mom, I learned…
That children come out, for the most part, pre-wired.
I hope I teach my children…
The power of creativity.
My go-to Mother’s Day gift to give…
Vladimir Kanevsky’s porcelain Lily of the Valley. They last much longer than fresh flowers.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’