If you’re lucky enough to get your hands on a copy of Garry Winogrand’s Women are Beautiful, hold on tight — they’re out of print and are hard to find.
Straight from Winogrand’s wide-angle lens, Women are Beautiful, published in 1975, features 85 sharp photographic observations highlighting the everyday lives of women’s style and fight for equal rights in post-war America. The photographer is best-known for capturing the vibrancy of New York City life during the 1960s and is largely credited with inspiring the off-the-cuff photography style in the age of Instagram.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations