Rooted in the courtship of her parents, whom Tory describes as “the most romantic couple I have ever known,” Tory Burch’s newest fragrance, Love Relentlessly, is an ode to a wonderful love affair. Learn more about Buddy and Reva, in this excerpt from Tory Burch In Color written by Tory.
“I can’t think of a more romantic — or glamorous — couple than my parents, Buddy and Reva. Before they met each other, they had each had colorful love lives (Mom dated Steve McQueen; Dad stepped out once or twice with Grace Kelly). But when they met, they had instant chemistry — and they were everything to each other for the next 50 years.
“In 1961, they jumped in my father’s convertible BMW and eloped to Old Sturbridge Village, Massachusetts. They spent their honeymoon with champagne and sandwiches in a small New England hotel. They were never apart afterward.
“They traveled — every summer, for six weeks, taking a big steamer ship to Italy, France, Greece and Morocco. They celebrated an official honeymoon at La Mamounia in Marrakech, and kept going back every few years. And every single day they were, in my mother’s words, ‘mad for each other.'” — Tory
More to explore in Experts
- Experts 3.29.19 Equal Pay Day
- Experts 12.24.18 5 Ways to Dial Down Holiday Stress
- Experts 11.12.18 Astrologer Susan Miller On: Gifts for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Experts 11.12.18 Astrologer Susan Miller On: Gifts for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Experts 11.12.18 Astrologer Susan Miller On: Gifts for Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio