In Memoriam: Maya Angelou
Maya Angelou was a poet, a memoirist, a writer. She was a dancer — occasionally partnering with Alvin Ailey — and a singer. She was an editor in Cairo, an assistant in Ghana. She was nominated for a Tony, and a Pulitzer; she won three Grammys for her spoken word albums. She was a mother and an activist. She was a powerful voice whose words and influence will long resonate. But above all, Maya Angelou was a force of nature.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations