Happy Times: Fall 2018 Windows
Everything’s coming up… carnations! At least in our store windows, featuring the new collection, itself a bouquet of prettily petaled blooms. If you’re wondering why the flowers are rigidly upright in a grid-like manner — instead of in clusters like you might find in nature — that’s because the inspiration stemmed from the stage design for Pina Bausch’s 1982 masterpiece, Nelken, which was similarly carpeted in pale pink carnations. And, yes, eagle-eyed readers, that dance production inspired our Fall 2018 runway, too.
More to explore in Style
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Life is a Beach for Michelle Li
- Style 5.11.23 Mother’s Day: Elissa Santisi & Franny Keller
- Style 5.9.23 Mother’s Day: Carla Rockmore Follows Her Inspiration
- Style 5.8.23 Mother’s Day: Telsha Anderson-Boone is Building a Legacy
- Style 5.2.23 Mother’s Day: Becky Malinsky Wants to Finish ‘The Power Broker’