How Alexandra Perron, the New York-based assistant of Garance Doré,
tackles a single day of Paris Fashion Week
- 9:00 AM
- Our team meets for breakfast at Bar du Central. We go over our schedules and decide what we are going to post on the blog for the day. Oh, and we eat a few croissants, too.
- 10:00 AM
- Garance and I head over to the Isabel Marant offices to shoot behind the scenes as they do fittings for her upcoming show. Meeting Isabel is definitely a Paris Fashion Week highlight!
- 12:30 PM
- Lunch with Garance at Kunitoraya, this awesome Japanese noodle place near the Palais-Royal.
- 1:30 PM
- Grab a café and meet a friend of the blog, Lolita, to do a quick interview about her beauty routine. I hang out afterwards to transcribe our chat for a new post we are doing called Instant Beauty.
- 2:00 PM
- Next up is backstage at Dries Van Noten, where Peter Phillips and Sam McKnight made some beauty magic happen! The models sported gold leaf hair parts and gold lashes — simple and chic. Dries is one of my favorite designers, so I am always so excited to go backstage and to see the show.
- 4:30 PM
- A little downtime means a trip to Colette and the pharmacie. I love the selection of books and magazines on the first floor, it’s always inspiring to flip through them. At the pharmacie, I stock up on some of my beloved French beauty essentials: Bioderma Créaline, Embryolisse Lait-Crème and some Bourjois gold foil nail polish (inspired by my trip backstage).
- 6:00 PM
- I have an appointment to see the spring Nicholas Kirkwood collection. There are some really beautiful white, laser-cut leather heels that I quickly form an attachment to. I snap a few photos and add them to my dream spring shopping list.
- 9:00 PM
- After a quick bite to eat, I head back to the apartment to work on our posts for tomorrow. I’m working on a mix of fashion and beauty content this season, so I spend a lot of time writing about the trends on the runway and backstage. I prepare a post for tomorrow on the look at Dries and head to bed. I’ve got an early morning for Carven backstage!