A: On my coffee table, I like to stack groups of books that are beautiful and diverse…the kind guests would want to flip through
and ask me about (the right book can spark a great conversation). On my table right now: Perry Guillot’s Privet Lives,
Francois Halard’s Visite Privée, Our Universe by Neil Degrasse Tyson and a book about John Fowler’s work.
I am always looking for my next book. I actually just finished reading Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre — I don’t know how
I had never read that before. Rochester ranks up there with Heathcliff in intensity. A friend just recommended Penelope
by Rebecca Harrington, and I’m looking forward to Tom Wolfe’s latest novel this fall.
See all our tastemakers’ book suggestions from seasons past and present here.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Goodreads’ Elizabeth Chandler On: Good Reads Wed, Jun 19, 2013
- Culture Author Lea Carpenter On: The NYPL & The Written Word Wed, Jun 19, 2013
- Culture Behind Design: David Netto’s Bookshelves Tue, Jun 18, 2013
- Culture Kate Foley On: Fashion Reads & Haute Havisham Mon, Jun 17, 2013
- Culture Tory On: Her Favorite Books Mon, Jun 17, 2013