Silent film The Artist is a visual and auditory palette cleanser to get you through the cacophony of the holidays. The love story between a 1920s aging movie star and a rising starlet is beautifully told against dramatic sets, peppy tap dances and chic flapper ensembles. There’s even a spunky Jack Russel sidekick. Busby Berkeley would be proud.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Meet the Artist: Cecilia Paredes Mon, May 20, 2013
- Culture Curator Yasmil Raymond On: Beacon’s Dia Museum Thu, May 16, 2013
- Culture Spotlight On: Fitzgerald, Gatsby & Catherine Martin Tue, May 14, 2013
- Experts Liya Kebede On: Children & Philanthropy Mon, May 13, 2013
- Culture Mother’s Day: Jennifer Rudolph Walsh On Kids & Reading Fri, May 3, 2013