Word of Mouth: ParrLuxe
- Clearhouse in Shelter Island, New York, by Stuart Parr Design
- Stuart Parr
- The ParrLuxe Sea Cabana
Calling all jet setters! Developer and designer Stuart Parr’s latest creation offers a new (and portable) take on luxury seaside lounging.
- The idea behind the Sea Cabana comes from…
- One time I was a fortunate guest on a 250-foot yacht. I noticed it was four flights up to lie in the sun and four flights down to jump into a sea that may be full of jellyfish. And as I looked out from where the boat was moored on the Italian coast line, not only was there no beach, because of the rocky shore, but there was nowhere to lounge.
- The inspirations it shares with my architectural work…
- Sea, sunlight and air. Being influenced by my previous residential design, the Sea Cabana has a generous soft curve, skipping the right angle of a more commercial product.
- My on-board essentials include…
- Listening to Otis Redding, any James Ellroy novel, but most importantly, a big enough picnic basket to last you through the day and night. The Sea Cabana can be quite enchanting with lanterns.
- You can find my Sea Cabanas…
- All over, from Hong Kong and Greece to the Hamptons. Most notably, having just started, we’ve sold to Aman Resort in the Caribbean and two to the King of Morocco.
- Next up…
- Fortunately, ParrLuxe having just launched, I’m keeping up with the high demand, production and deliveries of the Sea Cabana. I can tell you, however, that two other products are in the works. Like the Sea Cabana, they are all eco-friendly luxury water products.
More to explore in Resort
- Resort 12.31.15 Resort 2016: Lookbook
- Resort 1.5.15 Resort 2015: Video
- Resort 1.31.13 Street Style: Stripe Tease
- Resort 1.28.13 Just One Thing: Straw Struck
- Resort 1.23.13 Look We Love: Slim Shadies