To Do: AFTER at R20th Century
Where does inspiration end and appropriation begin? Find out at Kelly Behun’s new AFTER exhibit at New York’s R20th Century gallery. “The show is about acknowledging reference,” says Kelly. “All the pieces represent methods of sampling, appropriation and deconstruction.”Not only did the interior designer, with associate Alex P. White, curate selections from other artists, but she also introduced a small collection of her own art-meets-furniture designs. There’s a macassar ebony and ceramic table inspired by Brazilian landscape architect Roberto Burle Marx and — our favorite — a faceted mirror featuring Charlotte Rampling’s image, up close and personal.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations