Photo by Anwar Hussein/Getty Images
To create an Eighties atmosphere, DJ and producer Michel Gaubert mined the post-punk, New Wave archives for songs by female vocalists with a positive vibe. Models clad in poetic garden prints, soft tailoring and voluminous silhouettes marched through the Brooklyn Museum to songs by the Eurythmics and The Passions.
More to explore in Music
- Music 5.5.23 Mother’s Day Mixtape 2023
- Music 2.13.23 Fall/Winter 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 9.13.22 Spring/Summer 2023: The Soundtrack
- Music 8.19.22 Tory Daily 10: Music to Our Ears
- Music 8.18.22 Making Music with Madison Love