Spotlight On: Met Gala 2017
But high-drama — and inspiration — comes in all forms. For Tory and her guests, actresses Kate Bosworth and Zoey Deutch, the spotlight was on bold glamour and sculptural elegance. Bosworth wore a black organza gown and bolero jacket made of laser-cut petals with scalloped edges; Deutch, an ivory silk shantung gown with exaggerated flounce sleeves. Both were custom Tory Burch designs. As for Tory herself, she wore a tiered silk dress with delicately raw edges — it’s more in line with the spirit of the night than you might think. The Kawakubo exhibition the Met Gala celebrates is called The Art of the In-Between and is organized by binary themes including Absence/Presence, Model/Multiple, Self/Other — and Then/Now. Tory’s look? It’s a vintage Lanvin gown she updated with new embroidered gold details.
More to explore in Style
- Style 3.6.23 Introducing The Ella Bio
- Style 3.1.23 Tory Daily 10: Solar-Powered Style
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Accessories Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Bag Report
- Style 2.14.23 Fall/Winter 2023: Shoe Report