To Do: Van Cleef & Arpels Exhibit
For some serious eye candy, head to “Set in Style: The Jewelry of Van Cleef & Arpels,” an exhibition of more than 350 jewels, objects and timepieces, opening Friday at the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum. The legendary design house, which opened on Place Vendôme in Paris in 1906, is one of the world’s most innovative and influential jewelers. Don’t miss the 1937 “Peony” brooch; its mystery setting, a Van Cleef hallmark, is one of the house’s major contributions to jewelry design.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations