Tastemaker: Jane Scott Hodges
Jane Scott Hodges of Leontine Linens shares 10 simple things to do to spruce up your home for the new year. Our favorite? #10.
- Edit your linen closet – replace any items that are worn and tired-looking (especially towels!).
- Clear your surfaces. Minimize accessories. Store treasures in an armoire and change quarterly.
- Use candlelight or the fireplace to create warmth and ambiance.
- Bring out your fine linens, even for a simple family dinner.
- Pick up new throw pillows to give a fresh feel to your family room.
- Outfit your guest room with stationery, your favorite books, and fine toiletries to pamper your overnight guests.
- Transform your playroom into a “study room” for your growing children.
- Invest in high-quality down comforters and pillows to create a perfect night’s sleep.
- Return to hand written notes, for any reason – thank you, birthday or thinking of you.
- Resurrect the candy dish!
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 3.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.15.23 Calling All Women Entrepreneurs
- Culture 3.8.23 Tory On: International Women’s Day
- Culture 2.17.23 What’s Your Sign? Pisces
- Culture 1.30.23 Good Vibrations